About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Creativity from Without

Listen to this.
Its virtually impossible to creating something without having someone type of inspiration. As of right now I am listening to music. The tone of the music can possibly influence the way that I might write this blog. Earlier today, I was supposed to meet with a graduate student in order to help him out with his research project (basically I am his test subject). However, once he saw me, he refused to conduct the interview that was supposed to happen at that moment because he thought that my attitude will influence that way that I would response my answers. He was right. If I went through with the interview, I would've probably answered straight to the point, and I wouldn't have lingered with my answers. Yet, I couldn't help but tell him that the last time that he conducted the interview with me, I was in the same mood that he saw me in at the moment (with three hours of sleep I definitely wasn't in the mood to answer his interview questions). He told me that because I had some pupusas (a type of food that can only be found in my ethnic background and something I haven't had since coming to Davis) before that interview, it set me in a good mood.

Right now I am listening to Royksopp's The Understanding album. The music in the album is so mellow, that it has actually calmed my angry mood to well...a somewhat angry but yet mellowed out mood.
I think that an artist or designer who might be experiencing  a bad mood will probably have their creativity functions affected.




Shamelessly, I like that the tone of music has influenced the way I have written this post. Why? Because my mood needed to be calmed down. My stress level needs to be decreased. But of course, for some folks, stress is a good thing, and that's when all the creative chemicals from the body come within and put together a masterpiece.

Thank you Royksopp for being the soundtrack of my life right  now.

Credits: Google,Wikipedia and Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment