About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Soccer Uniforms- Real Madrid edition


Since I am really into soccer, I decided that I should make a blog on the uniforms of one of my favorite soccer teams, Real Madrid

Real Madrid is known to have the best and well known soccer players on their team. Zinedine Zidane , David Beckham, and Fabio Cannavaro (who are now in other soccer teams or retired). Some of the current well known players are Cristiano Ronaldo and Mesut Ozil.

Being a fan, I definitely want a soccer jersey of Real Madrid. But there was something that threw me off from the new jerseys- the typography.
 FRONT of Jersey
Back of Jersey




I'm not familiar with what the style of the typography was used, but I know for sure that I do not like it. The typography looks somewhat similar to the typography used for the Netherlands soccer team jersey (from the recently finished 2010 World Cup).

Other than that, I do not have the problem with the current Real Madrid jerseys. There are three different jerseys that the team uses. The HOME jersey is WHITE with blue stripes. While the AWAY Jersey is BLACK with WHITE STRIPES. There is also an AWAY AWAY jersey (which was currently used in the Champions League for an out of the country match) that is PURPLE with WHITE stripes. And of course, the jerseys vary between long sleeved and short sleeved.

Purple kits below:




Although the title of this post is about Real Madrid, I won't necessarily be talking about Real Madrid jerseys only.

Being a fan of the United States National Men's Soccer Team, I naturally liked the jerseys that the team wore.

Some of the previous jersey's from the American teams haven't been the best designs, but I must say that the current ones are amazing. The stripe on the jerseys make it a bit different from the other jerseys of other national teams. Some of the older kits of the American team included stars and the deep inclusion of every color from the flag. But the current ones has a stripe, which the American flag has and it does include every color of the flag as well, but not so much compared to the atrocious stars one from the early 1990's. The current jersey comes in two styles, the AWAY and the HOME. The HOME style is white and it has a grey stripe.

Current Jersey
Although soccer kits are probably some of the most simple designs, they make a great impact because they represent something bigger than just being another "soccer team". Real Madrid represents the city of Madrid, Spain. While the the United Stats Men's National Team's jersey has all the colors in their jersey representing all the colors of being an American.

Where I got my images from

1 comment:

  1. Youth Soccer Uniforms sometimes come with embroidered logos or names, mostly the bearing the names of the players and the team they represent.

    Youth Soccer Uniforms

    ReplyDelete