About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

CD COVERS/PACKAGE



Although in this era people do not buy CD's as much as they used to like in past decades, CD covers still play a critical part on a artist's impression on the public. Designers are limited on what type of package the CD should come in. It can vary in paperback, which is what I consider the old vinyl style from the 1980's and earlier. Except that it is in a smaller form. Or they can chose to take the current hard plastic cover. And of course, there is a paperback form that is not like a vinyl. It can either have three or two parts. One of the cd's I purchased a while ago was from a band called MGMT. All of the albums have been created in a vinyl type of form. Unfortunately, I do not like it. But of course, I still buy it because I want to support the band and a complain of the cd material should not stop me from buying it, right?

And then there is the image on the cd. Some bands prefer to be on the cover on the album, and a picture is utilized. Or an image is created specifically for the album. MGMT utilized a picture of themselves rather than a created image for the first album the album cover on the left. But they went ahead with a created image on the right.

Thinking of the texture and value of a CD cover doesn't necessarily seem of any importance, but it is a topic that I have discussed with my friends. What is you preference when it comes to a cd package?

Credits: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment