About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Objectified

Almost everything is designed, one way or another. Every decision has been made even before the product is about to me made.
See the film trailer here!

Although I did not had the chance to finish the film, "Objectified", what I saw so far impressed me a great deal. Some of the designers from the film were mentioning how by hearing someone's wife complain about the potato peeler, they actually went ahead and designed a potato peeler that is good enough for a person with arthritis to use.

Design isn't just about fashion, but also, and importantly so, everyday objects as well. Even the laptop that I am using has been designed...and of course I bought my laptop in the first place because I felt in love with the silver SONY VAIO design.

 The design has to stimulate people's mind and soul. Even the designers themselves, are actually the audience themselves.

According to the film, there are three phases:

1. Formal relation
2. Symbolism and the content that you are dealing with
3. The design has to be seen more than the bigger picture. It can be more than just an object. An example to this is the design of the Dirt Devil. It is also a product that can be both utilized and and look beautiful like an art piece.



As Henry Ford says, "Every object tells a story"...you just have to know how to read it.\\

Google: Images, Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment