About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

WORD and IMAGE Pt.1


About an hour ago I went to Trader Joe's with some of my residents. One of the things that I happen to buy (basically the only thing that I didn't consider so expensive from the whole store) was their KETTLE CORN.


The bag that contains TRADER JOE's KETTLE CORN is a peachy white with light pink stripes. And of course, the title of KETTLE CORN is on the first half on the bag with big font while there is a sentence below the title that says “With the perfect balance of sweet and salty”. But that's not the best thing about the KETTLE CORN bag. Below the quote mentioned above, is a picture. The picture contains a theme of late 1800's through early 1900's fashion. All of the characters in the picture are dressed from fashion of that era. 

However, the one character that catches your attention is the man with the TRADER JOE's KETTLE CORN bag on each of his hands. And it happens to be right below the words “ Perfect balanced between sweet and salty”. Yet, the kettle corn bags in the man's hands are not in perfect balance. The man is dressed in a style of a person that might be part of a circus act. What does this imply? Should we have TRADER JOE'S KETTLE CORN because it gives an old fashioned vibe? The other characters in the picture are children. The children looked amazed by the man with the kettle corn bags. And of course, so do I.

Credits: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment