About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sandals - A Mass Production

For Californians, flips flops or sandals are common place. Even when it is in Winter temperatures at UC Davis, you might still see someone wearing Rainbow Sandals.





Sandals is some of the earlier form of shoes. Or dare I say it, it can also probably be the actual first form of shoes. One can think that the Ancient Greeks wore the shoes, but usage of sandals can probably be traced EVEN earlier than that. It can be traced all the way to the Ice Age , or 10,000 years ago!
As I am writing up this blog, I am actually wearing my flip flops. However, the sandals that I am wearing right now are only meant to be inside than outside. I have another pair of sandals that I only use to wear outside rather than the inside. Both of these pairs of sandals look very different. Though the design is the same, the quality, the texture, and the color of the sandals are not alike at all. And of course, I also have my “fashionable” sandal that I wear in order to make my whole outfit look nice or at least decent.

My pair of sandals that are meant to be used inside my dorm room, is black with a pink "thong". And my "fashionable" looking sandal has has a thin white strap.


Like the description of my sandals mentioned before, sandals come in a variety of sizes and colors. There are sandals that are exclusively for men and for women only. There are the fashionable sandals and the exercise sandals are well; and they truly are different from each other. I know that I definitely won't be caught wearing a fancy looking sandal to a walk-a-thon around the beach lines.

The reason why sandals are so important is because everyone and their mothers wear them. A world without sandals, would be truly a weird world indeed. We need to be able to let our toes feel the sun and breath oxygen once in a while, right?


For more info and credits: Sandal History!

No comments:

Post a Comment