About Me

My photo
I am currently a student at UC Davis. Since I am undecided on what to major in, I am just exploring what I can.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sony Vaio VGN-NS330J ( 5 Areas of Ergonomics Research)


Laptop hunting is what the incoming college freshmen does right before he or she decides to attend his first year of college away from home. I happened to be one of those students the year before . Although a desktop is something that I would much prefer, a laptop is the most convenient item that the college student can have.


Since I was did not have the money to afford a Mac Book Pro laptop, I decided to go ahead and buy a SONY VIAO. Unlike the other PC laptops that I have seen (including HP Pavillion, Dell, Toshiba) the SONY VAIO is flat. When I look at other PC's, they are rather bulky. I must admit that I was looking for a laptop that was a bit similar to the Mac Book Pro that I wasn't able to afford. The texture of the SONY VIAO is completely different when compared to almost, if not all laptops. The texture is smooth, but it has very small type of dash all across the outer layout of the laptop. I think that very feature makes the laptop light weight. In general, not all laptops are lightweight, but this laptop.Therefore, there is not safety hazard for this laptop. The college student won't die from carrying this laptop weighs six point five pounds, making it accessible for the college student to carry t to class/lecture.
The keyboard feature of the SONY VAIO is one of the best features about the laptop. The keys are black. However, they keys are flat and its easy to flow when typing up a paper. One of the things that I find a bit disturbing is the keypad of the SONY VAIO. Its not centered. I do not know if is is not supposed to be actually centered, but I think it should have been place a little bit more to the right side in order to have the key pad a bit more centered.

Because the laptop is flat, the keyboards are smooth, and the design of the laptop is tolerable, it is a laptop that is easy to use. Since it is a PC, the laptop is prone to viruses. It doesn't matter how much you use it or how you use it, there is a chance that you might get a virus. Because of this very reason, you will have to buy an anti virus program.

The SONY VAIO might not be the so loved Mac Book Pro that many college students want (but that some cannot not afford), but it is definitely a laptop that one can come to love. For the people that really wanted a Mac Book Pro, this laptop can be considered the imitation of the Mac Book Pro. But for the PC lovers, this is the “IT” laptop. I know that I grew to love this laptop, and I defend its honor from the overly popular and overly expensive MacBook Pros. However, the preference of a laptop is up to the eye of the beholder. Whether you like a laptop for its design or its functions, it does not really matter. Any laptop can be considered a “must have” item.

Credits: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment